5 Design Trends for 2013
We’ve done the research, and have determined the top 5 trends for decorating your home in 2013. While the must-have trends vary from designer to designer there are a few prevailing themes:
- Gold, silver, bronze, copper and steel. Metallic tones are trending all over the place. Look for metallic print wallpapers, gold-tone linens, and metallic finishes on furniture and accessories.
- Natural finishes. As people look for ways to connect with the Earth, natural finishes prevail. Expect to see more re-purposed antiques and natural finishes on floors, walls, and ceilings.
- Soft greens, black and white themes, rustic purples, jewel tones, bright blue and greens. Wallpaper is trending, especially in these colors. Typically wallpaper is applied as an accent, on one or two walls here and there.
- Modern design. Sleek is the key point here. From sleek industrial influenced kitchens to minimalist living spaces, usually in neutral or gray tones. This is a lasting trend.
- Prints. Everything from bold patterns influenced by the old world to prints of animals. Think geometric and large pattern prints.